Working with Business
We work with industrial partners to deliver benefits from our research to consumers.
Food and Health Network (FHN)
The Food and Health Network (FHN) links IFR science with business. It currently has around 250 corporate members in its network, including 70 SMEs. Through subject-specific Expertise Cluster meetings and confidential one-on-one meetings, FHN consults with IFR scientists and effectively channels scientific research into applications, boosting the overall economy and delivering healthier, safer foods to benefit the overall health of the nation.
For further details, visit the FHN website (www.foodandhealthnetwork.com)
IFR Extra Ltd is a commercial subsidiary of the IFR, supplying short-term and applied research projects, trouble-shooting, specialist analysis and consultancy work. IFR Extra makes IFR expertise more readily available to small and medium-sized companies, as well as large multi-nationals.
For further details, visit the IFR Extra website (www.ifrextra.co.uk)
Industrial and Academic Networking
The IFR's International Office is responsible for global industrial and academic networking in food and health.
The International Office is headed by Prof. Tim Brocklehurst (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The International Office is the focus for coordination of international funding opportunities
- It is the hub for international Business Development with industry from outside the UK (see: www.FoodandHealthNetwork.com)
- It organises FOODforce, which is a network of Directors of leading publicly-funded research centres across Europe, and which provides a forum for optimising research and co-operation in Europe (see: www.foodforce.org)
- It organises the UK National Technology Platform for Food
- It serves on the Mirror Group of the European Technology Platform Food for Life (see: www.etp.ciaa.eu)
- It is a hub for development of a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) in Food (www.foodbest.eu)
- The International Office works with partners to organise Workshops, Conferences and Symposia relevant to IFR’s science strategy